Monday, October 20, 2008

Regarding silicone dildos..

Okay, so, from what I hear amongst silicone manufacturers, silicone is expensive. Big toys = more money, because of this phenomenon.

It stands to reason that, if you could make a toy less dense or use less silicone in making it, it would save you money, which could then be used to lower the price, thus selling more.

So why have a flared base dildo that is NOT a suction cup? It just seems a bit silly. I'm sitting here poking and prodding at the Please from Sedeux/Sportsheets and it would be so much better if it suctioned to things. It's *almost* there, it just needs a little concave bit in the base and it'd be perfect, in my opinion.

It's neat to see apparently (I'm not a lab, so I'm going by their packaging sayso and the results of my own poking and prodding) real silicone toys coming from larger manufacturers - sportsheets now has a few and topco actually has a pretty impressive medical grade silicone dolphin toy out that I'm also working on today. Part of me is thrilled at silicone being more readily available to the masses, but another part of me is worried that it will affect silicone-only manufacturers like the lovely Vixen Creations negatively - but then again, no mass-produced anything can top that kind of quality, no matter what the material.

-TTC

1 comment:

Domina Doll said...

Flared based toys are particularly designed for strap-on play and also anal play. Really, silicone is not that expensive when you think of the phthalate offensive materials that exist in other cheap toys, I'll take silicone any time. I'd also rather have one good quality made sex toys than 100 cheap crappy ones. ~Best