Thursday, October 16, 2008

Awk-ward...

So what do you do when a place you used to work and left on less-than-happy terms, which had a commission system, still has money left in it?

There's over $100 bucks in there and I don't see any way of getting it, short of sending an email to the people I never want to see or speak to again. I considered bringing it up when I left, but it was such a mess anyway I didn't want to over-complicate things.

I mean, I could use the commission to buy things on the site, and presumably have less resistance, but the vast majority of things on there I can get for half price or cheaper now that I'm in the same line of work. A very large part of me thinks that the minute I mention it, my balance is suddenly going to be zero and they'll have no idea where the money went, or claim I never earned it, even though I worked my ass off on message boards and everything else.

Myself, I think it's kind of odd to have a commission system in place and tout it as amazing with no payout option installed, no 'use this for items on the site' system installed, and no automatic payouts when the amount reaches a certain number.

-TTC

No comments: